Friday, August 26, 2011

As Seen On TV

I'm sure everyone believes (or WANTS to believe) those too-good-to-be-true Infomercials on TV at least some of the time.  To help you out, I will share my Hits and Misses in the As-Seen-On-TV department.  Just a disclaimer, I have not actually bought any of these from the Infomercials, I either tried a friend's or got them from Big Lots or the discount As-Seen-On-TV store at the Festival Flea Market.

HIT
Spray On Hair.  Don't laugh, this product may not help a bald guy look like he has hair but it works GREAT for boosting thinning hair if you're truly in dire straits.  A girlfriend with brain cancer and severe hair loss used it and it worked wonders for her hair and her confidence.

MISS
The Buxton Purse.  Touted as being able to carry "everything" it did not even hold a fraction of my necessities without danger of exploding.

HIT
Snap On Pants Shorteners.  These actually stay on and work nicely on fallen pants hems.  Have yet to try them to shorten pants completely. 

MISS
Magic Mender Goo.  Oy! You can see the glue line through any fabric. 

HIT
Green Food Preservation Baggies.  Well, the lettuce did stay fresh longer but eventually it got old and yucky anyway.

MISS
Make Spaghetti by having it sit in boiling water.  I forgot what the thing was called but all you have to do is stick spaghetti in a bowl and microwave it for 12 minutes.

HIT
HD Lenses Sunglasses.  Definitely worth the $5.00 you can get them for at the Flea Market. I wear mine every day.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment