Monday, April 13, 2015

Smoke and Fire Part Two

Since my first exposure to Rabbi Shmuely Boteach I have come to recognize him as someone who can teach me a thing or two. But my first contact was not so great. He had written a column in June 2013 praising to the high heavens President Obama's appointment of Samantha Power to the UN. I was not so sure about this and posted a small comment that he should not be so quick to give her a free pass based on her past comments. I believe I got lambasted by his and other comments and I retreated to take out my frustrations privately in you, Dear Diary. I called my post "Smoke and Fire".

Since I recently decided to follow the good Rabbi on Facebook, I saw his most recent column backtracking on his unqualified endorsement of Ms Power based on her refusal to call the 1915 massacre of 1.5 million Armenians "genocide" for fear of insulting the current Turkey regime and the Muslims that descended from the Ottoman Empire

My my, if I can challenge the Rabbi and then be proven if not right, then at least to have had a point, I can kvell a tiny bit and bask in my own smarts.

But I'm still not happy with Ms Power...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment