Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Twenty Questions

This month's issue of Oprah Magazine arrived yesterday and for once I found the main article intriguing: Twenty Questions Every Woman Should Ask Herself Today!

I like asking myself questions. Many are about mundane things like what should I wear or is there enough laundry to run a load or what do I need to buy today that I forgot on my last shopping excursion. But some are the "big things" that Oprah included:

1. Do I Feel at Home?
Our second American Sarouk (the first being hubby's Grandma's) arrived yesterday. A BIG purchase that I feel (slightly) guilty about. But oh so beautiful and inviting. As the author of this Oprah piece said about her own home, I too feel my home is arranged to soothe and inspire. I love this home more than any of the other dozen or so places we've lived. So I am not laughing at this question, it's important. 

2. What Should I Try Today?
While it's true I am busy and my calendar has at least one activity everyday, I do have more time to try some of the things mentioned under this question. With a few hours to spare I can read a great book or watch a good movie or TV series. And I do.

3. Am I Doing This Right?
So many things to worry about! But I assure you, I do not feel I have to apologize about disagreeing or not having a signature fragrance or actually anything else. But thanks for reminding me Oprah, I WILL send a thank you email after the great Super Bowl/dinner party we went to on Sunday!

More questions tomorrow...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment