Friday, February 6, 2015

House of Cards

I'll take a brief break from answering Oprah's Twenty Questions Every Woman Should Ask Herself TODAY!! to reflect on the upcoming new season of House Of Cards.  If anyone is reading my blog (doubtful) and has not seen Season Two, please be aware: Major Spoilers Below.

I am re-watching Season Two in preparation for Season Three which will begin in a few weeks. Like the first time I watched it, I find it difficult to follow exactly how Frank Underwood (FU to his friends) manages to topple a sitting President. So I am trying to pay more attention.  

And here's what I've determined:
He does it by slyly undermining the President's relationships with his closest friends and advisers. His strongest financial supporter and confident. His loyal Chief of Staff. His own wife. FU offers counsel that appears heartfelt and well meaning but is disingenuous and deceitful. He plants the seeds of doubt and waits for them to take hold.

The most interesting thing about Season Two is that it ends with the (now former) President convinced that FU is his bestest friend and a true patriot. Now that's scary! 

Be careful who you let in and who you let out, I guess that's the motto...

Can't wait for Season Three!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment