Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Fitness Pal

Seeing Marie Osmond on Nutrisystem commercials looking oh so beautiful and slim and fit has inspired me to improve my own fitness level. My new and improved program is exactly one day old but I think the first day is the hardest so give me a little credit OK?

To assist in my effort I have enlisted the aid of My Fitness Pal, a free online app that helps you track your (gluttonous) eating patterns and (lack of) physical exertion. It also provides encouraging messages, tracks your protein and sodium and other important stuff, and provides links to comments by other pilgrims on their road to fitness.

Hubby has ordered a new stationary bike to help him recover from the upcoming knee surgery (months away due to the best knee surgeon's waiting list) that he has been putting off for decades. He is even eating oatmeal and cutting back on some calories to reduce the weight that will be on the new knee!  I plan to pilfer said machine for my own purposes and log a half hour a day on it. My new friend My Fitness Pal tells me the extra 168 calories I will burn each day will result in 1.5 additional lost pounds per month. How hard could this be??

I think I will paste a picture of Marie (looking good at 55) on the bike...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment