Thursday, February 5, 2015

Twenty Questions Part Three

Do I Have Enough Friends?
A trick question. If we're talking about the kind of people who were/are on my side no matter what, the kind of people who were/are with me from start to finish, there's only been a few. But if we're talking about those folks who remember my birthday, who pass through my life leaving smiles and good counsel and invitations, who have shared good times and made me smile, yes, there have been "enough".

Do I Enjoy My Own Company?
In small doses I definitely do. I welcome the occasional "me" time, the time I spend with a "chick" flick or an old Alfred Hitchcock movie or a good book or an early bedtime.

Am I Waiting For My "Real Life" To Begin?
Heck no! My "real life" happens everyday and I know for sure that it's the simple and happy pleasures of each day that make our lifetimes beautiful.

Am I Ready For Whatever Comes?
Who can know what's coming? But I try to prepare for things I am pretty sure will be creeping down the pipeline. I've written my last wishes for the god-kids and made a will. I have health, life, auto, house and golf cart insurance. We have lightning rods on the roof and extra locks on the doors. I've read about life care communities and at-home services. There's enough food for about a week in the house and we have candles, a generator and batteries in case of a hurricane. 

OK some of these questions are getting silly like Should I Be Having More Sex? Do I Feel My Feelings? Do I Really Know What I Think I Know? and Do I See Myself As Others See Me? I think I'll pick up tomorrow with more of the most relevant ones...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment