Thursday, May 1, 2014

Got Talent?

Tonight is the First Annual "Royal Oaks Got Talent" Show at the beautiful Mulberry Recreation Center. While it is true that some of my fellow neighbors have real talent (as witnessed in the rehearsal) most are like me who are taking part in the more comedic portions of the show.

If you ask Retired Me if I have any talent I will say Absolutely Not.  I cannot carry a tune or play an instrument or create culinary or artistic masterpieces and I can only do the Electric Slide and the Macarena when I dance at the Village Squares. I just hope I can carry off holding a sign, shaking my booty and turning around at the appropriate time with three other ladies tonight on the stage!

But if you would have asked me 60 years ago if I could sing or draw or dance I would have said Yes!!  Either I had much more talent then or much more confidence.

I hope it's Little Evelyn, not Big Evelyn, out on that stage tonight...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment