Sunday, May 11, 2014

Camp Villages

Scott and Family will be here next month! 

I am compiling a list of things to do to make sure the littlest members of the family have a great time. Assisting me is Camp Villages (Destination Fun!)

I'm not sure we'll take advantage of any of its offerings this year but the catalog is filled with ideas and I'm adding some to my own list.  It's also good-to-know just how much is offered for all  kid ages, like Buckaroo Arts and Crafts (ages 3-6) to Cooking with Top Chefs and Kayaking (over 13). Hopefully these will entice the kids to stay even a bit longer as the years go by.

One of my Big Ideas is a day trip to Weeki Wachee. Yes THAT Weeki Wachee where the (now nostalgic) mermaid show has been delighting audiences since before I was Carter's age. They have added a river boat cruise and a beach and an animal show so I am sure it will be a hit.

There's a boat ride on Lake Sumter and of of course the three Town Squares and Uncle Donald's Farm and a replica of the White House and Mount Rushmore nearby. My list also includes the funnest eateries in the area like Eaton Beach Sandbar Grill and Southern Cotillion. Best of all, I rented a deluxe four-seater (we'll squeeze the kids in) golf cart to cruise around TV in style and get to the family pools.

I'm getting excited! I feel like a kid again myself!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment