Friday, May 9, 2014

Chicos

I wandered into Chicos while hubby was at his dentist appointment. It was busy and filled with with women of a certain age seeking fashionable clothing at outrageous (IMHO)prices.

Chicos has seemingly zeroed in on an under served market - the 50+ woman who seeks a little more spandex in her pants, a bit more color in her tops, and more forgiving interpretations of cute things currently in the Junior departments of trendy shops. Obviously, The Villages is fertile ground for their efforts and even the area consignment shops boast that they have lots of Chicos resales.

They must have guessed I was not Chicos material when I walked in because no one offered to serve me immediately. Perhaps their clue was when I headed for the clearance rack. I found a pair of jeans in size 00 (Chicos has their own sizing system so their patrons will avoid seeing double-digit numbers on their selections) marked down from around $100. to $59.99 and I could take another 50% off making the final price around $30. They were a little too loose and all that spandex made them feel like pajamas. I found a cute pair of comfortable shoes, also marked down to only $50. but decided to escape while the getting was still good.

Definitely NOT Chicos material am I!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment