Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Walking Dead

I'm referring to the TV series, not the party goers suffering the after effects of New Year's Eve.

I recorded the WD Season Three marathon and am attempting to get into this series which has come highly recommended by both friends and Entertainment Weekly magazine.  I am hampered by the fact that I usually hate any movie or TV show that is
1) set in a time after an apocalypse or human-destroying cataclysmic event
2) is of the horror genre
3) has zombies and/or
4) makes squishy sounds after kills

Walking Dead qualifies on all four counts.

After only one episode I have equated the Zombies to pesky, albeit large, mosquitoes.  Most go down quite easily.  Occasionally one or more will inflict severe damage and if I learn to embrace the characters I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the remaining DVR'd episodes.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment