Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Florida Thing

This month marks 17 years (!) since we moved to Florida.  One of the best decisions of our lives! I've learned a lot about living in Florida since then. Here are my "top five" in each category.

The Good News about Florida
1) The weather is beyond compare.  Even the "bad" days are good. The sky is almost always blue, the grass is green, there are ocean breezes, beautiful beaches and colorful tropical vegetation grows like weeds. You just feel happier when you can go outside without shoveling snow, cleaning off the car or bundled up in boots and heavy coats.
2) I had the best jobs and the nicest houses I've ever lived in here in Florida.
3) I've met wonderful people and I love the Jewish communities (and the accompanying delis) that stretch from Boynton  to Miami Beach.
4) A melting pot of cultures equals the best dining experiences ever.
5) All your relatives and friends will visit you sooner or later.
51/2) Disney World!

The Bad News about Florida
1) Watch out for fire ants.  Don't wear flip-flops on the grass.
2) Auto and home insurance is higher here.
3) There are cheaper places to retire but none more better I think.
4) Scams and corrupt politicians abound. But the news is never dull!
5) I can't think of a fifth bad thing about Florida...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment