Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lose It!

One thing (probably the only thing) that's been a little harder since I retired is watching my weight.  My relaxed schedule and the availability of food has added what I must admit is now a permanent extra 2 1/2 pounds.  No big deal you say?  Just try to lose them hahaha.

I am a firm believer in calorie counting. Not carbs, fat grams, fiber, exercise videos, the latest OTC diet pill or packaged meal deliveries.  So I have tried lots of calorie counting apps and have finally found the perfect one.  It's called Lose It! and it really is easy and fun to use and it keeps you motivated too.  I love the little icons of foods that kind of paint a picture of what I've eaten during the course of the day. And I have found myself making smarter food choices, knowing I have to enter them into my little app.

I received an email today with a "badge" from the folks at Lose It.  It says Keep It Up, it's been three days and you're still with us!  

I am indeed still with you and happy to say 1/2 pound of me is NOT!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment