Monday, January 28, 2013

Mateo

My old friends from work let me know that little Mateo, Denis' son, passed away over the weekend.  Mateo went through a lot, poor little guy - tubes and surgeries and trachea and prodding and medicine and pain. His parents and modern medicine did everything they could.  

Mateo came home only once in his year of life and now, as Christians like to say, he is in his forever home.  I hope that is true.  I do believe that the presence of our loved ones is there with us forever. 

When I was in Israel last year I bought Mateo a gift, a Bible (Old and New Testaments) in Spanish with a little bit of soil from the Holy Land encased in a bubble on the wood cover.  Denis had asked me to try and find it. 

In Mateo's case you could easily say "this is for the best".  So why is it that I feel so sad? 

Rest in Peace little Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment