Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Call Me Caitlyn

Today I put on a pair of tan shorts that I haven't worn for quite awhile and thought "wow these are cute" and I should move them up to the top of my stack of shorts. I selected my new top that's a pretty soft beige and rose floral print and decided it looks terrific with the shorts. Then I chose my cute cream colored t-strap Skechers - perfect! I checked the paper for fashion ads even though there is nothing I need. I put on my makeup but decided eyeliner was too much work (I was in a hurry) and opted for an extra coat of mascara instead. I picked up a suspense novel with a female heroine that was held for me at the library and then off to Maj Jong with my gal pals. While waiting for the doors to the Maj room to open I chatted with two strangers who complimented me on my handbag and we spent several minutes discussing its finer features, practicality and provenance (the flea market). Back home I shmoozed with a friend about her upcoming face lift, shaved my legs, decided on a nail color for my appointment tomorrow (mulberry) and relaxed in a deep bubble bath followed by my fluffy pink robe.

It occurred to me how many of my daily activities are girly pursuits. How strange it would be for me not to be able to do these things that I hardly register as being feminine. 

Just like me, Caitlyn Jenner is a 65 year old woman who also loves these simple activities of life. Unlike me, Caitlyn Jenner has only been able to do them freely and openly for a short while. How hard that must have been for her.

So I wish her all the best in her new life. Like many others, I can't wait to get to know her.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment