Thursday, May 21, 2015

Fun

I enjoy lots of things - a good book, dinner out (or in), Friday night services, getting together with friends, a quiet evening on the sofa with the TV, finding a great bargain, a lap in the pool. But few things cross the line to actually being FUN. 

It's hard to have real FUN as you get older - you have done almost everything at least once before and even fabulous scenery and new places don't excite the way they used to. Playing Maj Jong with my regulars at the Rec Center or my neighbors actually does qualify as Fun. But a joy ride in the golf cart qualifies as Big Fun.

Yes Dear Diary, it seems that one of the funnest things I do lately is joy ride in the golf cart, either with or without hubby. It is more fun than a motorcycle, bicycle, scooter, adult trike or convertible - like a super-sized go-cart for us Big Kids. I traverse down tunnels under highways, through secret shortcuts and along foliage lined paths where cars cannot go, and I can get to anywhere in The Villages with hardly a stop and without venturing into vehicular traffic. The cart is open to fresh air (unless it starts raining) and it is oh so simple to operate. You don't even need a driver's license or license plate, it gets 50+ miles a gallon and insurance costs $10. a month! There is even a smartphone app that directs you through TV via golf cart paths. Best of all, it's truly FUN!

When I have nothing to do (a rare occurrence) or I am feeling a bit low, a ride in the golf cart will readjust my mood like nothing else. It is my favorite toy and infinitely more satisfying than playing with electronic gizmos all day.

FUN!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment