Thursday, May 14, 2015

Naked and Afraid

I almost gagged when I heard about this show on the Discovery channel but after accidentally catching a few glimpses of it I slowly became if not hooked, at least interested. Two strangers, a man and a woman meet - sans clothing of any kind - in an inhospitable location and have to survive 21 days with only some kind of chopping tool and a fire starter. 

When I am naked I am also very afraid. Afraid of seeing a deteriorating body that comes with advancing age. Afraid a few extra pounds will multiply until by body resembles a melted candle and I will be buying stretchy polyester pants and over sized tunics. It gets harder with each passing year to keep a decent (it was never great) figure. But I try.

In the spirit of Naked and Afraid I am giving myself a 21 day challenge. I will face Nature by walking around the block (it's slightly hilly).  I'll drink more water and stick to healthy foods. Take my vitamins. Try to drop a few pounds.

Yep very scary...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment