Monday, June 29, 2015

Dead To Me

I read this article - the father of Kate and Oliver Hudson has disowned them  They are "dead" to him. The children call Father's Day "Abandonment Day". Obviously there are deep wounds on both sides.

Oh yes, I truly understand this all too well. I do NOT forgive the reprehensible person in my husband's family who caused a deep, horrible, devastating heartache to be visited upon us. It has been over ten years and the pain still feels as real as a gunshot.

So I am attuned to others with estranged parents, children or siblings. What should be the closest of bonds can very well be frayed beyond repair. 

Yet on some level I am OK with this. Any person who does not provide us with support or at the very least, kindness and respect, deserves to be cut from our world. We need to pay attention to our own needs and sanity. The best way to deal with betrayal is go on to lead what Oprah calls "our best lives". 

Oh and change our wills!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment