Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Party's Over

We had a great Chanukah-Christmas-New Year's season but now I can say for sure that The Party Is Over. Yes indeed, I faced the music on the scale this morning.

Oh I did indeed believe I was eating light (practically nothing!) but today my self-delusion came crashing down. Five unwanted pounds have appeared to threaten my former happy state of denial.

It is super hard to maintain a slim profile as one get older and the down side of my sixties has apparently slowed my metabolism (never great) into a snail-like crawl. But I am determined to prevail. I have my stock tools in my bag of dieting tricks: flavored water, sugarfree gelatin (Royal brand in anything red), sugarless hard candy, chicken broth, sugarless apple cider and hot cocoa mixes, and an assortment of fruits and veggies.

I am prepared to do battle. Bye Bye Gruesome Five.  You will NOT become the Hateful Eight!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment