Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Lesson Learned

I guess it's true, you are never too old to learn something new. I had an AHA moment today courtesy of my godson Scott. 

We made reservations for a cruise in June with all our godchildren and grand-godchildren and some of their extended family and, of course, we were too late to get any assurance that we could be seated with all of them at the 6 pm dining time. I complained and argued and threatened to cancel and demanded a supervisor and reminded them we are PLATINUM members (as if that matters for anything) and even hinted I would call my "friends" (owners of the whole cruise line) in Miami. 

When I texted Scott that I was MAD he sent this simple text back: "Worst case is your table becomes the 'I need dinner alone' table that we all get a turn using". Of course! I can guarantee that with 18 cruisers and 5 children under 10, someone will feel like opting out of the family dinner in favor of a different (lots of choices on our ship), more casual, or romantic setting at least a few times during the cruise. Even us. Maybe especially us.

So I calmed down. 

Scott has always been a "go with the flow" kind of guy. A superb trait that keeps his incredibly busy life on an even keel. I need a little (OK a lot) more of that.

Sail on!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment