Sunday, January 10, 2016

Cruising Sisters

Believe it or not, in 46 years of marriage we have never taken solo vacations. No adventure just for the guys. No women-only retreat. Oh, we've gone on business trips and I even attended an out-of-town wedding alone when hubby could not get off work. But never a purely-for-fun vacation. 

This record is about to change. Tomorrow I set sail with about a hundred other ladies from my Sisterhood for five days and four nights of fun, food and Maj Jong. 

Truth Be Told, when I first heard of this excursion I immediately dismissed it. But thanks to a friend who called me and told me we could be roommates and it will be a not-to-be-missed blast, I said OK. Later I learned that an additional six of the ladies I most like to hang out with will be coming too and now I am super excited.

In the past, the pressures of working and taking care of the household and worrying about all the ups and downs of daily life kept me from spending a lot of quality time with girlfriends. Now that I'm retired, it's definitely a priority. 

Ship Ahoy!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment