Sunday, July 5, 2015

Inside Out

I saw the Disney Pixar movie Inside Out last week when Scott and family were visiting.  I got to peek inside Riley's head and meet Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear and Anger. 

Of course I am already acquainted with these guys because they also live in my head.  I also have quite a few more memory pods than Riley does, me being at least 6 times her age.

Anger, Fear and Disgust are certainly not as powerful as they used to be and Joy has definitely emerged as my most powerful emotion. But just like in the movie and inside Riley's head, I find my happiest memories are morphing into more of a combination of Joy and Sadness. Our happiest memories do become a little bittersweet when they include people who are now gone or when we remember we will never again be that young or beautiful. 

And just like in the movie, that's OK.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment