Friday, November 7, 2014

What Alice Forgot

It's feast or famine when it comes to my reading list. I either have nothing to read but the daily newspaper or I have a wealth of riches. It does seem like the most popular authors make sure to bring out their new offerings in time for Christmas gift giving so this month I am feasting.

I just finished John Grisham's latest, Gray Mountain, and have just started Michael Connelly's The Burning Room. Up next will be Liane Moriarty's What Alice Forgot (not a new release, it's been out there since 2011).

Alice has received a bump on the noggin and has somehow lost the last ten years of her life. Instead of being a young wife and madly in love with her husband she is facing the big 4-0 and a nasty divorce. She also has misplaced two of her three children, something I'm sure all mothers would like to do from time to time (joke).

I find the thought of waking up to find myself ten years in the future terrifying.  I'm sure Alice agrees. I can only hope and pray that 75 will look as good to me as 65 does!

A special shout out to the folks who bring me these wonderful stories. You are truly appreciated.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment