Sunday, November 16, 2014

But I Know...

There is no getting around it.  I have become lazy and lethargic and even (gasp!) slightly slothful in my retirement bliss. OK so I know I wanted to take it easy for awhile after the last super-charged year of moving, shopping for the house, seeing hubby through his bout with Prednisone, meeting new friends and neighbors, doing home improvements, getting settled in, coping with frightening world events and taking a breather to be thankful. But I am now ready to embark on a brand new mindset and a more even handed daily existence.

First up, a little more physical activity and a little more spiritual balance too.  I'm exploring my (many) options for Zen meditation and it's back to low impact strength training for me (I was sidelined by a slight sprain for several weeks). Also it's back to blogging, a great outlet for whatever is bothering me.

But most of all, I want to dump these (thankfully few) extra pounds I've put on due to the above mentioned slothful ways.  If I am kind to myself I will chalk them up to the stresses of the last twelve months. But as Jimmy Buffet sings: "but I know, it's my own damn fault". Hahaha.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment