Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Life Now

It's been ten months since we moved to The Villages. Although I planned to hit the ground running with all sorts of new activities, it was not to be. I've blogged enough about some of the setbacks so no need to recap. Instead, I'll focus on what my life looks like today.

I get up a little later and find my energy peaks in the late afternoon. Quite a change for someone who has always been a very early morning person. Instead of asking for the earliest nail and doctor appointments I find myself grimacing at the thought of leaving the house before 10 am.

My daily calendar usually shows one, occasionally two, fun things to do. We meet new friends for dinner about twice a week. There are Temple activities and the Borscht Belt Club. Thanks to the BB Club we get "fixed up" with new couples every month. Hubby plays poker with the neighborhood guys every week and goes to the men's discussion group once a month. I go to Sisterhood and Hadassah meetings and volunteer at the Temple's money-making Bingo games (today will be in the kitchen). I go to the neighborhood ladies' Lunch Bunch and Red Hats gatherings and to low-impact strength training classes. I adore new gal-pal Kathy who always has ideas for new projects and places to go. We love going out with June and Kay - former co-workers from years ago. Sometimes I get invited to a Maj Jong game - finding a regular game is still on my to-do list. When things slow down there's always a golf cart ride and/or a visit to a Town Square for live music and people watching. The neighborhood pool is always warm enough for me and I love to paddle a few laps, especially with my noodle. And then there's just normal stuff - housework and grocery shopping and TV.  

The Golf Channel had this cool segment on life in The Villages. We certainly don't do a fraction of the stuff shown, especially not the physically demanding activities. I'm trying for a balance between those super "active" adults and my grandma's rocking chair!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment