Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Mess

A Mess.  That's how I felt when I woke up this morning. I attribute it to stress. What stress you say Dear Diary? Aren't I always blogging about how great life is? It's true, life IS great, I should have no worries.

Am I one of those people who must have something to worry about?  I think yes.

I have been obsessed with worry about the World (it's truly gone mad), Muslim Jihadists, Putin, and most of all, Israel, my heart's home. I do not have the words to describe what Israel means to me but I have read many other people's beautiful tributes and their thoughts are exactly my own. Israel is truly Hatikvah, The Hope of my people.

My obsession has done me no good. I have done all I can for now. I must remember to take care of myself. Take my vitamins. Cut out the junk food I've been consoling myself with. Call my friends. Go for a swim or a walk. Comb my hair.

Robin Williams passed away yesterday. It is said he suffered from the demons of addiction and depression. My old staff member, Alessandro, said it well on Facebook yesterday "I guess it goes to show that no amount of money or access to the best care in the world can help you if your brain decides YOU are the enemy."

My brain is telling me it's time to get it together...

No comments:

Post a Comment