Monday, July 4, 2016

Overheard At The Pool

Floating around on my orange noodle in the Springdale Neighborhood pool on the 4th of July.  Ah bliss!

There is very, very little actual swimming but there are lots of floaters (no, not dead fish) and plenty of pool walkers which is apparently a big new trend in exercising. You can catch a few rays, work on your tan, cool off and burn a few calories all at the same time. Plus one gets to overhear the scintillating conversation of fellow retirees. Here's a sample of today's "Overheard at the Pool":

'I had a great shot at the recently redone Saddlebrook golf course. 190 yards!

'We had a hot tub in Billings Montana on our covered patio. We could watch the snow fall from it.

'Have you tried the new smokehouse on Route 42 yet? They say it's good  (yes we have, twice, and it is).

'I landed three feet from the hole but the rest was downhill.

'I never want to see snow again! (me either)

'I guess we are blocking your swim path with our walking back and forth (yes).

'The re-done golf course is really nice.

'My granddaughter was here from Oklahoma and we went to Disney.

'I love it here!

 (I agree)

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment