Friday, July 8, 2016

Israel Education Committee

I am part of a new Temple Committee - the Israel Education Committee.  We are still deciding if "Israel Solidarity Committee" should be its new name but I prefer the emphasis on education.

I only sent an email a few weeks ago to the lady who was starting the committee expressing my generic "interest" and I really didn't expect to be one of seven on the committee "board".  But I am happy to help. It is a topic I am indeed passionate about and I am a consistent complainer about the lack of learning opportunities offered by our Temple. 

I have an assignment. Truth be told, I have wanted to do this for a long time: to offer Jewish film nights. I thought about showing a film at our Havurah but it would crimp socialization and folks were not enthusiastic. Now I'll get a chance to research Israeli films.

I've seen quite a few and a lot can be pretty dull.  But I've ordered a new one, The Attack, and I'll review it and hopefully be able to offer it in November at our first Israeli Film Night.  Popcorn included!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment