Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back To The Future Day

Well, it doesn't look like the Cubs will win the World Series this year although they have come closer than they have in a long while. A lot of the other things envisioned by the 1985 movie are also still waiting. But things certainly have changed for me since 1985.

My career was still in its infancy in 1985 and now I am a contented retiree. I don't obsess about finances or my weight nearly as much (they seemed to be my driving forces in 1985) as both are stable and in good shape. I don't worry about where to live or getting more stuff or feeling the need to compete for well, anything.

I still love my hubby and we still have big fun. We have more friends than ever and thankfully, our health is good (poo poo poo). I love where we live and our pretty house. Our "problems" are little (actually minuscule). 

Yes, Back To The Future Day turned out pretty well. 

I wouldn't go back thirty years even with a time machine... except to spend more time with my parents and BFF...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment