Monday, September 7, 2015

Catching Up

Harv and Vi's new house!
Wow Dear Diary, I feel like I haven't written in a long time but it's only been about 10 days. Life sure has been busy.

Harvey and Vi came for a week and guess what!  They bought a house here in The Villages! We must have looked at 25 houses but in the end, they got the most beautiful one. It has great features and I am (almost) jealous hahaha. I can't wait to have "real" family here with us at least half the year, even though our wonderful friends are truly just like family. But Harv and hubby go back all the way, way way way back. Something really special there.

I am still plugging away at my Hebrew. Hubby took a short break from coaching me by making Harv listen to me read and correct me when I messed up. They sound exactly the same when they tell me what I did wrong.

Friday night after Harv and Vi left we tiredly limped to services. Good thing because 1) it was my Mother's Yartzeit and 2) the Torah portion was Ki Tavo which will be my own Torah portion (hopefully) next year at my Bat Mitzvah. I also got to hear Marlene H. give a great sermon on Ki Tavo which I have now decided is a most excellent Torah portion with lots of potential for my own yet-to-be-written speech.

As a small barter for getting a copy of Marlene's sermon, she nudgied me into giving the October 2nd sermon for Sukkot.  Make it about ABUNDANCE she said, and so I did.  I tried to keep it at 4 minutes like my last sermon as that seems to be very much appreciated. I will send you my sermon, Dear Diary, after I give it.  I don't want anyone to accidentally read it before then and spoil my Big Moment ;-)

Last night we went to my friend Rita's gathering of like minded Conservative Jewish political junkies. Big fun and I got to tell everyone about my experience hearing Ben Carson speak. I asked that we start meeting monthly or bi-monthly as it is OK to meet quarterly three out of every four years but election year is Hot Hot Hot. Everyone seems to agree so I am looking forward to more spirited discussions and Hillary bashing.

I had a long list of To Do's this morning but I realized that it's Labor Day and I can't do items 2 (call bank), 3 (call synagogue office) or 5 (call Doctor about ordering next Prolia shot).

Tonight we are going to The Villages Philharmonic. I dislike classical music but hubby was gung ho. Lots of friends going though so it should be fun.

Believe it or not I have just touched the highlights of my week.  Will catch up more soon.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment