Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Catching Up Part Two

Last night's Philharmonic concert was pretty good, especially because it featured Pops and not the classical music that reminds me of practicing the piano in my youth. 

A "small gathering" for my birthday at the Chinese Buffet is now up to 32 people. Luckily, the manager at the restaurant is able to set aside a whole section for us as their little room will be too small. I have not had a "party" this size in well, NEVER. I think I could have had even more attendees but I tried to keep the "guest list" down.

Maj Jong is on for three times this week - today at the Rec Center with my weekly group, tomorrow at friends (good to be out of the house as the poker guys are meeting here tomorrow night) and on Friday at my house with the neighborhood ladies. I have stocked the larder with snacks featuring empty calories and diet drinks.

Sunday night we are invited to Erev Rosh Hashanah dinner at my friend Addy's house. We went there last year and it was scrumptious and a lot of fun.

The book club will meet at my house on Monday.  Luckily it is after Rosh Hashonah services. I am hosting because mine is the book selection for the month.  I chose Lacy Eye by Jessica Treadway and I hope everyone liked it as it is the first time I have made a selection for the group.

No Bat Mitzvah class this Sunday because of the Holidays. I am bummed because I need all the help I can get. Doing the entire Saturday morning service in Hebrew plus the Torah and Haftorah portions is such a daunting endeavor that I wonder if I am being "punished" for "coercing" the Bat Mitzvah coach into helping me when he wanted to take some time off. 

Well, this is Tuesday and I can tackle the items on my To Do list that I couldn't yesterday because of Labor Day.  Better get going...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment