Thursday, August 27, 2015

Heaven


Last night I played Maj with good friends. I actually won one of the two games that had winners. On the way home, my friend confided that on their first night in The Villages, as she and her husband lay on their bed, she asked him "Have we died? Are we in Heaven?"  I told her I understood completely and that I feel my life now is my reward for a lifetime of hard work.

In a few minutes I'm going to leave to volunteer at the Temple. I'll be selling gift cards to the Hadassah members who are meeting this morning.  Later this afternoon a gal pal and I will be seeing that new chick flick at the movies. I guess I can take that one because on Saturday we'll be seeing the new action flick "No Way Out" with still other good friends. I will always opt for action flicks over chick flicks hahaha.

Harvey and Vi arrive Sunday for a great week of house hunting (it will be great to have them here in TV during winters and away from the Chicago cold) and shmoozing.  The guest rooms are ready!

Next month, after the Holidays, a local contractor will be building a pantry in the kitchen (we have the perfect set-up for one) with the frosted pantry door I've always coveted.  He's also going to put in a pocket door that will separate our "guest suite" from the hallway.  The original plans for the house called for one; I guess the original owners actually had to opt out of putting it in.

OK I know the market has been down lately and hubby's 401K/IRA has suffered a setback.  I, of course, with my great investment acumen, have only invested in fixed return CDs and after 45 plus years of investing, hubby's more aggressive investments have fared just about the same as my more conservative choices. Not to worry, I am completely confident in our future.

Yes, I do believe my friend was right.  This IS Heaven! (poo poo poo)

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment