Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bingo

The Temple's biggest fundraiser is Bingo. And today Bingo starts again after a brief summer hiatus. I am back volunteering in the kitchen, an active job I find infinitely preferable to sitting at a table or walking the floor selling cards and other paraphernaliaToday I'll be helping my friend Mrs.Goldberg slice veggies and make sandwiches and boil giant hot dogs and maybe make taco salad or mac & cheese. I am great at taking direction and also washing pots and pans.

Tonight our neighbors the Johnsons have suggested we all play, so after my stint at volunteering, we'll be participating,  Last time we played together hubby won $500! The Temple is known throughout the area by the Bingo aficionados for giving out the best and biggest prizes. Folks come from pretty far away to play at the Temple and they remember the dates of our Jewish holidays (no Bingo) better than I do.

It's the best way to spend one's day, or even one's whole life: a little work, a little play, some friends and socializing, a little bit of a good deed, and perhaps a chance to be a winner or at least have fun trying. 

BINGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment