Friday, June 26, 2020

The Street Where I Live


As I perused the morning paper I glanced at the "New Homes and Villas" offered by The Villages in our newest section, an area I think of as The Wilderness.

I have long surmised that The Villages has run out of attractive names for their new streets but now I am sure of it.  The new homes are located on streets with names like "Rebusmen", "Polacheck", "Feulner" "Lazkowski" and "Hickey".  I am sure the ladies and gentlemen for whom these streets are named (I'm assuming The Villages' planners did not make them up) are extremely deserving of this honor but I confess, there would be No Way I would want their names to be on my return address stickers.

The clincher for one home we purchased was when I asked the salesperson what will be the name of the street of the lot we were looking at.  When he said "Live Oak Terrace" I was hooked.  Ah, the beautiful image of soft Southern breezes and shady sweetness.  Likewise, we now live on a street whose name reminds us of the English countryside or the gentle city in Georgia where some great movies were filmed.

Plus I have the Live Oak tree I always wanted!


No comments:

Post a Comment