Monday, June 15, 2020

Pound A Week




Tired of get-thin-quick diet fads?  Strange restrictions on foods or times you can eat?  Ready to go back to the tried and true method of counting your f***g calories?  Here's a new take on the old standby.

I found this friendly app when I decided to lose those pesky five pounds slowly.  I guess if you can think it there's an app for that.  

Here's the "new take":  You get a weekly allotment of calories and you can only weigh in once a week (saving you from daily angst).  You can rollover your uneaten calories to the following days of the week which means if you have a "bad day" you will not immediately fall into self flagellation and depression and quit immediately; you have a calorie "bank" to draw on. You can re-launch the whole app if you need a true fresh start.  The calorie database seems robust and I even was able to use the scan feature to add my bread choice.  And one really nice feature is the rotating motivational messages which I find to be not corny but actually helpful. 

"One pound at a time" is my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment