Saturday, December 26, 2015

Angels


A few years ago, Angels were all the rage. There were books about Angels in our everyday life and little statues for home use were everywhere.

Do I believe?  I do.

A few years ago our then-Rabbi told me that Angels do not exist in Judaism. After I pointed out a whole lot of references from our Torah (think Abraham and Jacob) - including a beautiful passage from my childhood prayer book that my father read to me every night and the fact that one of our Temple's stained glass windows depicted an Angel - he relented.

I believe our Angels today come in human form. They are not perfect people but they are entrusted by God with a mission or a message to give us at just the right time. A phone call. A hug. An invitation when when we are lonely. 

A sign that all is right with the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment