Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Self Care Solution

I haven't blogged for years (3+) but staying home as much as possible due to the restrictions of the Coronovirus pandemic has inspired me to start again.


Thankfully the cold I had suffered for over a week subsided last week and it was, happily, just a cold.  I admit I was a tad worried.  

If it weren't for the horrible situation the world finds itself I admit I could stay happily at home with hubby for most of the time.  It is peaceful and I admit I am never bored.  There is Prime Video, Netflix, books, bathtub, household chores and the internet.  The day goes by so quickly!  

However, I have decided not to waste this opportunity for self reflection and self improvement.  I am reading "The Self Care Solution - a year of becoming happier, healthier and fitter" by Dr. Jennifer Ashton.  Her twelve months of improvements are not the twelve challenges I would pick for myself though.

I do not need a "dry month" as I don't drink alcohol and I am surely not about to start doing "push ups and planks" (whatever that is).  So I have made a list of my own challenges.

First up, TAKE MY VITAMINS!  I credit them with feeling better the last two weeks and licking my hard-to-defeat cold.

Next up, REGULAR MEALS!  No more crappy eating habits!  More on this tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment