Friday, March 20, 2015

Sugar Savvy

I took this book out of the library and since it's message was pretty simple I was able to return it the same day. I'm sure the library appreciated it because they reminded me at check-out that it was a new arrival and only on loan for two weeks.

Like lots of other books I've read, this book warns (in draconian terms) against 1. Sugar 2. White flour  3. All processed food and additives and 4. Salt.  What's left for dinner? Lean meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, beans and basically anything occurring in nature sans human intervention.

I've been feeling sick and bloated lately and the scale has not budged downwards no matter what I've tried or how "good" I've been. So decided to give this program a very short trial. No results and I'm out-of-here. 

Imagine my surprise when I dropped five pounds (I know it's mostly water but still) in the first two days! Yesterday's highlight was Egg Foo Young, a favorite, made with mung beans, egg whites and minced garlic. I even "cheated" a bit by having nightcaps of instant hot cocoa made with artificial sweetener. 

So I am on to Day Three...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment