Thursday, May 21, 2020

Tonya



Lots of people on Twitter and Facebook are asking "do you even KNOW anyone who has Covid-19?" 

Well up until yesterday I didn't and I still don't, really.  But yesterday I learned that this young woman, the daughter-in-law of someone we used to attend a former Temple with, passed away from the coronavirus.

Curiosity (morbid?) had me check her out on Facebook.  She was only 42 and was a Nurses' Assistant or perhaps a LPN.  She wanted to work with the elderly and had just got a new nursing job a few months ago.  She had only been married a few years and called her husband her "best friend". Her last post was only 3 weeks ago and she sounded happy.

I had *almost* convinced myself the virus was in the past, not so bad, maybe overblown.

Today, not so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment